Guidelines for use of Carl Fischer copyrights:


Photocopying out-of-print music

Judges' Scores


Print Rights


Film, Video, and New Media Use

Performing Rights


If you need permission to include our copyrighted work(s) in a dissertation, you must submit a written request for permission via email to the Licensing & Copyright Department. Your request should include:

• The name of the individual and street address to appear on the license
• Title, composer, arranger (if any), and catalog number of the publication (if known)
     of the work you wish to include in your dissertation
• If you wish to use only a part of a work, please specify which part
     (i.e. measure numbers, lyrics only, etc.)
• Name of the school you are preparing the dissertation for
• Title of the dissertation
• Whether or not the dissertation will be made available beyond submission
     requirements of your school. Uses beyond this scope may require a fee.
     If yes, please provide the following:
          - every configuration of the dissertation to be made available
          - where the dissertation is going to be available from
          - how many printed copies of the dissertation will be produced and distributed
          - any fees required for readers to access the dissertation
          - number of royalty bearing works (i.e. included in your dissertation (i.e. copyrights)