New for 2013
Primer String Orchestra (Grade 1/2 — Orange Cover)
KEY TO SYMBOLS
Hear or download MP3
Contest & Festival
Locate a dealer
Buy online at
• For string orchestras with as little as ten weeks of study
• All pieces limited to the use of the first three fingers on each string
• Limited instrumentation - Violin 2 and Viola the same part,
Cello and Bass the same part
• Simple rhythms of whole, half and quarter notes.
If eighth notes are used they are on the same pitch
• If pizzicato is used, there is rest given to give the young players
time to retake the bow
• Shorter pieces - length is a consideration for very young players
for concentration and strength reasons
A fanfare-like piece that makes even the youngest of players sound far more advanced than they are. The technical demands are very limited, but the music is bold and exciting for the players and audience alike. Another winner from Larry Clark!
My First Progressive Duets for Strings Arranged and/or Composed by Doris Gazda and Larry Clark
Carl Fischer Music
My First Progressive Duets for Strings combines two of Carl Fischer Music’s most successful and effective series, introducing beginning players to the teaching method of Progressive Duets for Strings, while remaining appropriate for their skill level. My First Progressive Duets for Strings are compatible for all stringed instruments and can be played with any combination of two. Each collection starts with beginning-level pieces and gradually progresses to the level of Progressive Duets for Strings, Volume 1, building ensemble skills at a very early level. Now teachers can introduce their beginner students to this invaluable series right away! For beginning players.
BF50 - $9.95
BF51 - $9.95
BF52 - $9.95
BF53 - $9.95
Omicron is an exciting composition for the developing string orchestra that starts with a three-note idea and steadily builds as the piece progresses. Carefully placed accents make the simple theme float across the bar lines throughout the piece. Sean O'Loughlin has a knack for writing great music for the very youngest of students.
First Festival Solos 20 Easy Solos for Violin with Piano Accompaniments
By Larry Clark and Sean O'Loughlin
Carl Fischer Music
BF68 — $12.99
• Solo pieces with piano accompaniments for use at festival adjudicated events or in recitals
• Solos are grades 1-2, arranged progressively
• Wide variety of musical styles from original compositions to beautiful arrangements of
folk songs and classical pieces
• Includes a CD of full-version recordings for the student to use as an example, as well as piano-only recordings
to use in practice
• CD also contains piano accompaniments as printable PDF files
String pedagogue Doris Gazda has arranged a classic Henry Purcell piece for the youngest of students. Your orchestra will be able to achieve a full sound with the work’s limited technical demands. Rigadoon is a wonderful introduction to Baroque music for beginning students.