Carl Fischer Music is one of the country’s oldest educational and classical music publishers. Located in New York City, the company maintains its own production, marketing, sales and copyright & licensing departments. We also assist many orchestras, ensembles and universities throughout the world with our music rental and custom print departments.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Carl Fischer Music is seeking a Marketing Manager. This position will report to the CEO and will help set/ drive the strategic direction for the distribution and consumer channels with an emphasis on web strategies, for Carl Fischer Music and its sister organization Theodore Presser Company.
As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, Carl Fischer Music publishes educational and contemporary classical music. Large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference, the company is still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment.
- Develop strategies to promote products and help increase sales and performance revenues
- Manage all aspects of promotions including advertising, convention, social media and website development and PR
- Design and execute successful marketing campaigns for b2b customers (music stores) as well as consumers (performing organizations and musicians)
- Set goals for marketing campaigns and measure performance after each campaign
- Establish and manage annual departmental budget and marketing calendars
- Manage website development and maintenance
- Proactively manage the growth of social media presence
- Oversee the production of all print and digital promotion materials
- Oversee the logistics of the company’s attendance at 10+ industry conventions annually
- Minimum 3 years of experience in marketing (in music or book publishing a plus)
- BA or MA in marketing or a related field or in music
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music is essential
- Flexible and creative thinker with great taste and appreciation for aesthetics
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Experience in strategy development, reporting and analysis
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in spreadsheets; ability to work with numbers and to interpret metrics from website analytics tools
- Superb writing, copyediting and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational and project-management skills
- Experience with personnel and budget management
- Ability and willingness to travel and to attend performances and industry events in the evenings
- Familiarity with databases a plus
Compensation will depend upon prior experience. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify your music background in your cover letter.
Carl Fischer Music is offering students the opportunity to enhance their resume with real work experience. This is a great opportunity for students looking to gain hands-on knowledge and experience in the music publishing industry.
We are always looking for students to intern during the school year (summer, fall and spring semesters). Interns may work as many hours as they wish, with a minimum of 15-20 hours a week. Summer internships can be up to full-time (20-40 hours a week) for a minimum of 6 weeks (dates are flexible). Interns will receive a stipend of $4.00 an hour. If applicable, this internship can also be used for college credit.
Internship opportunities are available in the following departments:
- Licensing & Copyright
Successful candidates will be motivated and passionate about (classical) music and the arts, experienced in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel and Word), possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to learn new projects and procedures quickly. While candidates do not need to be a music student, some experience with music is helpful and some tasks require knowledge of music notation.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter – in which you should refer to your knowledge of/interest in music – and transcript (if available) to email@example.com.
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.