Carl Fischer Music is one of the country’s oldest educational and classical music publishers. Located in New York City, the company maintains its own production, marketing, sales and copyright & licensing departments. We also assist many orchestras, ensembles and universities throughout the world with our music rental and custom print departments.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Carl Fischer Music is seeking an Account Administrator to facilitate the sales and customer service of the company’s print music catalog for retailers. A music background is essential for this position. The primary function of this role is to manage existing accounts and serve their needs through regular communication, not to establish new accounts.
As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, Carl Fischer publishes educational and contemporary classical music. Large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference, the company is still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment.
- Delivering optimal customer service through professionalism and product knowledge
- Being well-versed and educated on our own as well as distributed products and being able to present that information to retailers in formal and informal settings
- Attending industry trade shows and conventions
- Analyzing and reporting business results and trends
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music essential
- BA/BS degree, major/minor in music a plus
- 1-2 years related experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: active listening skills and a cheerful, friendly and courteous demeanor
- Extraordinary customer service commitment
- Planning, organization and implementation skills
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proactive and creative problem solver
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Entry-level compensation. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of employment.
To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Sabrina Juetting at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to your background in/knowledge of music in your cover letter.
Intern for the Production Department
Carl Fischer Music is currently looking for an Intern for the Production Department to learn about sheet music publishing and gain hands-on experience with all aspects of printing logistics. As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, Carl Fischer Music publishes educational and contemporary classical music. Large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference, the company is still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment.
- Run weekly reports to determine what stock needs to be replenished
- Assist with print history database maintenance
- Compile reprint information and submit to supervisor for print approval
- Create and submit purchase orders to printers
- Gather and compile quotes for projects from outside vendors
- Provide PDF materials to printers via FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Process print samples and maintain the sample library
- Create digital scans from hard copies of publications
- BA/BS degree
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and advanced skills in MS Excel
- Knowledge of VBA a plus
- Familiarity with databases or ERP systems a plus
- Music background or knowledge is essential (ability to read sheet music notation)
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Proactive and creative problem solving skills
- Comfortable with multitasking and with learning new systems and processes
- Organized and detail-oriented
This is a paid internship ($13 per hour). A successful internship may lead to a full-time position in the future. This is not a summer internship; we are looking for a recent graduate who is available at least four days a week (during regular business hours: Mon-Fri, 9-5).
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Sabrina Juetting at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please refer to your background in/knowledge of music and specify whether you can read music notation.
Carl Fischer Music is offering students the opportunity to enhance their resume with real work experience. This is a great opportunity for students looking to gain hands-on knowledge and experience in the music publishing industry.
We are always looking for students to intern during the school year (summer, fall and spring semesters). Interns may work as many hours as they wish, with a minimum of 15-20 hours a week. Summer internships can be up to full-time (20-40 hours a week) for a minimum of 6 weeks (dates are flexible). Interns will receive a stipend of $4.00 an hour. If applicable, this internship can also be used for college credit.
Internship opportunities are available in the following departments:
- Licensing & Copyright
Successful candidates will be motivated and passionate about (classical) music and the arts, experienced in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel and Word), possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to learn new projects and procedures quickly. While candidates do not need to be a music student, some experience with music is helpful and some tasks require knowledge of music notation.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter – in which you should refer to your knowledge of/interest in music – and transcript (if available) to Sabrina Juetting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.