Carl Fischer Music is one of the country’s oldest educational and classical music publishers. Located in New York City, the company maintains its own production, marketing, sales and copyright & licensing departments. We also assist many orchestras, ensembles and universities throughout the world with our music rental and custom print departments.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Customer Service Representative
Carl Fischer Music is offering students the opportunity to enhance their resume with real work Carl Fischer Music is seeking a Customer Service Representative to facilitate sales and customer service for the company’s print music catalog for retailers. A music background is essential for this position. The primary function of this role is to manage existing accounts and serve their needs through regular communication, not to establish new accounts.
As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, Carl Fischer is large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference. We are still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment.
- Delivering optimal customer service through professionalism and product knowledge
- Being well-versed and educated on our own as well as distributed products and being able to present that information to retailers in formal and informal settings
- Attending industry trade shows and conventions
- Analyzing and reporting business results and trends
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music essential
- BA/BS degree, major/minor in music a plus
- 1-2 years related experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: active listening skills and a cheerful, friendly and courteous demeanor
- Extraordinary customer service commitment
- Planning, organization and implementation skills
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proactive and creative problem solver
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Entry-level compensation. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of full-time employment.
To apply, send a current resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Sabrina Juetting at email@example.com. Please refer to your background in/knowledge of music in your cover letter.
Carl Fischer Music is offering students the opportunity to enhance their resume with real work experience. This is a great opportunity for students looking to gain hands-on knowledge and experience in the music publishing industry.
We are always looking for students to intern during the school year (summer, fall, and spring semesters). Interns may work as many hours as they wish, with a minimum of 15-20 hours a week for at least 6 weeks (dates are flexible). Summer internships are up to full-time, 20-40 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 weeks (dates are flexible). Interns will receive a stipend of $4.00 an hour. If applicable, this internship can also be used for college credit.
Internship opportunities are available in the following departments:
- Licensing & Copyright
In addition, we are currently seeking a general intern who is a recent graduate or a graduate student and has time to work 4 days per week (during regular business hours – Mon-Fri, 9:00-5:00) to work on projects in various departments (Licensing & Copyright, Production, Marketing and Sales). This internship is not specifically for the duration of a single semester but supposed to be more long-term and is a paid internship ($11/hour).
Successful candidates will be motivated and passionate about (classical) music and the arts, experienced in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel and Word), possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to learn new projects and procedures quickly. While candidates do not need to be a music student, some experience with music is helpful and some tasks require knowledge of music notation. In addition, we are looking for interns that have experience with coding (HTML, CSS, Java Script, PHP) to work on tasks involving our website.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter – in which you should refer to your knowledge of/interest in music – and transcript (if available) to Sabrina Juetting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.