Performing Rights

Licenses are required for performances of copyrighted music (in addition to the rental of material).

Concert Performances Licensing

For questions regarding concert performance licensing, contact the appropriate performing rights society.

Within United States

Obtain licenses from either ASCAP, BMI or SESAC, depending on the work.

For works published by Carl Fischer, LLC, BLP Choral, and Filmore Music House contact:

One Lincoln Plaza
New York, NY 10022
(212) 621-6000

For works published by Pembroke Music Co. Inc., contact:

7 World Trade Center
250 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10007-0030
(212) 220-3000

For works affiliated with SESAC, contact:

55 Music Square East
Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 320-0055

Within Canada

Obtain licenses from SOCAN:

Current licensees: 1.866.944.6223
New licensees: 1.866.944.6210

Outside North America

Obtain licenses from the appropriate performing rights society for the country in which the performance takes place. (Find a partial list at NMPA.)